Here's something of a fusion recipe. Minimal prep, just let go in the oven, and you get juicy chicken that's spicy and a little sweet.
- Chicken whole leg, 2 pieces
- Goccia Umbra Arrabbiata Spice Mix
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Wash the chicken legs, and trim off excess fat and skin
- Make a cut through the thickest part of the drumstick and thigh respectively
- In a bowl, combine some olive oil, diced garlic, 1 tablespoon of Goccia Umbra Arrabbiata Spice mix, dark soy and the lemon juice. Mix the marinade thoroughly and apply evenly onto the chicken leg
- Allow this to marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours
- Remove from fridge 1 hour before cooking to allow the chicken to reach room temperature, then season with salt and pepper, and wrap in aluminium foil.
- Cook at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes, then tear off the top part of the foil to expose the chicken leg, baste with the juices and cook for another 20 minutes or so or until the skin in golden brown
- Remove from oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes
- Serve it straight from the foil and you have less washing up to do :)